Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE)
- 3 Constantin Nacu Street, 020995
Bucharest 2, Romania
- +40 21 327 81 74, 21 327 81 00
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Energy Efficiency
- Established in 1999
In April 2007, ANRE took over the tasks, rights and obligations, budget, financing and staff of the Gas Regulator – ANRGN and its activity was reorganized as per the provisions of the Government Decision (GD) No. 410/04.05.2007.
- From December 2009, ANRE took over the Romanian Agency for Energy Conservation and its activity was reorganized as per the provisions of the GD no 1428/ 18.11.2009.
- From 2012, after the approval of the Law no. 160/2012, ANRE is an autonomous administrative authority with legal personality, under Parliamentary control, entirely self-financed and independent as regards its decision-making process, organisation and functioning.
- According to the provisions of the Law no. 121/2014 regarding energy efficiency, the Energy Efficiency Department was established by ANRE Order no. 95/2014, led by a Vice-president.
- Legal basis
- Electricity and Gas Law no. 123/2012, with subsequent amendments and modifications.
- Law no. 160/2012 for approval of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 33/2007 regarding organization and functioning of ANRE.
- Energy efficiency Law no. 121/2014.
- The ANRE regulates electricity, heat (only the heat produced in cogeneration) and natural gas sectors. Responsibilities include licensing, issuing technical and commercial regulations including regulation of access to the transmission and distribution networks, tariff setting, energy efficiency and protection of consumer and investor interests.
Independence – ANRE is an autonomous administrative authority
Supervised by – under Parliamentary control;
Reports to – Parliament;
Appeal process – orders and decisions issued by the ANRE’s president could be appealed in the Administrative Litigation Division with the Bucharest Court of Appeal within 30 days following publication in Romania’s Official Gazette, part I, respectively from the date of notification of the parties involved.
- Internal Structure
- ANRE is managed by a President and two Vice-Presidents.
- A Regulatory Committee is established to approve the regulations in the electricity, cogeneration and natural gas sectors and is made up of 7 members including the President and the two Vice-Presidents. The members of the Regulatory Committee are appointed and revoked by the Parliament in a joint sitting of both Houses.
- The members of the Regulatory Committee are appointed for a period of 5 years. One Vice-President and two ordinary members will serve a term of two and a half years. The mandate of the Regulatory Committee’s members can be renewed only once.
- The link to the organizational chart is http://www.anre.ro/ro/despre-anre/organigrama
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 7
- Number of Staff: 300
- ANRE is financed through its own funds which are obtained from fees charged for licensing, permits and certifications, from annual contributions paid by the regulated undertakings in the electricity, heat and natural gas sectors as well as from funds provided by international organisations.
Population: 21 599 736 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 20 800 (2015 est.)
Territory: 238 391 km2 (83. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Niculae HAVRILET - President
Maria MANICUTA - Director General, Network Access and Authorisation Department /Electricity, ERRA Presidium Member
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Ecaterina HOFFMAN - Director of Authorization Directorate in Gas Sector
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Maria ISPAS - Director of the Electricity Network Access Department
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Romulus TATAR - Expert, Department of Regulation and Monitoring Universal Service Obligations, Vice-Chairman of the Customers/ Retail Markets Working Group