ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
- Energy Commission Building, Ghana Airways Road, Airport Residential Area
PMB 76 Ministries Post Office
- +233 302 817 047
- *protected email*
- Established in 2008
by Supplementary Act A/sa.2/1/08
- Legal basis
- ECOWAS Supplementary Act A/sa.2/1/08 of 2008 and ECOWAS Regulation C/Reg.27/12/07 as amended.
- Regulation of cross-border electricity connections and trading among ECOWAS member States (establishment of transparent tariff setting methodology for regional power pooling; technical regulation; monitoring of regional market operations; resolving disputes among regional market participants; contributing to the development of regional energy policy and assisting in building capacity of National Regulatory Bodies.
Independence: Independent Regulator
Reports to: ECOWAS Council of Ministers
Appeal process: ERERA’s decisions are appealed to the ECOWAS Court of Justice on issues of law
- Internal Structure
- Board of 3 Council Members, one of whom is Chairman.. They are appointed for a single non-renewable term of five years by the ECOWAS Council of Ministers.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 3
- Number of Staff: 20
- License fees; ECOWAS subvention and grants
GDP / Capita: N/A
Information will be uploaded soon.
Honore BOGLER - Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Oumar BANGOURA - Legal Expert
Yawovi NEGBEGBLE -
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Uwem THOMPSON - Communication Officer