Energy Regulatory Office (ERO)
- “Dervish Rozhaja” no.12, Aktash Neighbourhood
- +381 38 247 – 615 ext. 101
- *protected email*
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Established in 2004
- Legal basis
- Law on the Energy Regulator (Law No. 03/L-185), Law on Energy (Law 03/L-184) and Law on Electricity (Law No. 03/L-201).
- The amended Energy Laws are adopted by the Assembly of Kosovo and has entered into force from 01.12.2010.
- Law on District Heating (Law No. 03/L-116) in force from 20 November 2008.
- Law on Natural Gas (Law No. 03/L-133) in force from 02.11.2009.
- ERO is responsible for establishment and enforcement of a regulatory framework for the energy sector (electricity, district heating and natural gas) in Kosovo, ensuring non-discrimination, effective competition, and the efficient functioning of energy market.
- The responsibilities of the Energy Regulatory Office are set with Law on Energy Regulator (Law No. 03/L-185) and are exercised through:
- -issuing, modifying, revoking licenses for energy activities, and monitoring such licensed energy activities;
- -issuing authorizations for construction of new generating capacities;
- -approving tariffs and pricing methodology for regulated activities;
- -settlement of disputes between licensees and customers, etc.
Independence: ERO is an independent agency established by the Assembly of UNMIK.
Reports to: Assembly of UNMIK, by submitting annual report and budget for review.
The Minister of Finance and Economy may appoint a qualified external auditor to audit the accounts and activities of the Energy Regulatory Office.
Appeal process: The decisions, acts or rules issued by Energy Regulatory Office can be appealed to Administrative court.
- Internal Structure
- The Board of ERO is comprised of five members. The term for appointed members is 5 years.
- The Chairman of the Board is representing the Energy Regulatory Office before third parties.
- ERO of UNMIK-Kosovo consists of 4 departments as follows:
- – Legal and Licensing Department;
- – Consumer Protection Department;
- – Energy Market Department;
- – Pricing and Tariffs Department.
- All departments are supported by Technical Advisory Group and Administration Office.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: Board of ERO consists from 5 members nominated by the Assembly of the UNMIK.
- Number of Staff: 26
- Starting from 2007, ERO had achieved its financial independence and self-sustainability by financing its activities from licensing fees.
Population: 1 883 018 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: N/A
Territory: 10 887 km2 (169. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Krenar BUJUPI - Acting Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Afrim AJVAZI - Head of Legal and Licensing Department
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Theranda BEQIRI - Senior Adviser on Tariff and Regulatory Issues
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
-no designated member at this time -