Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (HEA)
- Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 52.
- +361 459 7777
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Established in 1994
- as Hungarian Energy Office.
- Legal basis
- Act 22 of 2013 on the Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority, Act 86 of 2007 on Electricity, Act 40 of 2008 on Natural Gas Supply, Act 18 of 2005 on District Heating, Act 209 of 2011 on Water Public Utility Service, Act 185 of 2012 on Waste management.
- The HEA regulates and supervises the activities of electricity, natural gas, district heating and water public utility companies, has competence as regards price regulation of waste management, energy statistics and consumer protection, The most important responsibilities of the HEA are: Issuing decrees (determining the network access and network usage fees for both the electricity and gas transmission and distribution systems, determining the conditions and rules for the application of such fees); Issuing, amendment or withdrawal of the authorizations required for performing activities regarding electricity, gas, district heating and water public utility; Approval of commercial codes, operational network codes (TSO, DSO), network development plan (TSO), business codes (traders, generators), market rules of the exchanges; Monitoring the compliance with the obligations of the licensees, the execution of cross-border transmission of electricity and gas, the competition in the electricity and gas markets (including the balancing market) in the course of market surveillance activities, and performance of market analysis and regulatory inspections; Making preliminary proposals for the regulations relating to the pricing mechanisms of universal services; Resolving complaints lodged against authorized operators (shared competence with the Authority for Consumer Protection).
- The HEA is a legal entity with separate and independent budget and shall report on an annual basis to the Parliament on its activities.
- Internal Structure
- President (appointed by the Prime Minister for 7 years, may be extended once for a further period of 7 years), Vice presidents (maximum five, appointed by the President for 7 years).
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: –
- Number of Staff: 321 approved, 302 at present
- App. 22.5M EUR in 2015. Consists of fees and other charges collected from licensees, and fines. No aid from the state budget.
Population: 9 844 686 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 12 259 (2016 est.)
Territory: 93 028 km2 (110. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Lajos DORKOTA - Chairman
Attila NYIKOS - Vice-Chairman for International Affairs, ERRA Vice-Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Péter TILESCH - Head of Department of Electricity Licensing and Price Regulation
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Katalin CSIFFÁRI - Data Analyst
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Viktor SZILÁGY - International Expert for Energy