1st Africa Renewable Energy Training Week
October 12-16, 2015 // Arusha, Tanzania
ERRA and IRENA organised a tailor-made capacity building program in Tanzania, Arusha for the needs expressed by power system decision makers from Tanzania and other economies in the SAPP and EAPP regions.
- Support the work of national and regional decision making bodies in Southern and Eastern Africa in order to integrate renewable generation resources into power systems;
- Create an Africa-specific educational platform where regulators and decision makers will be able to observe and exchange experiences and best practices from across the globe, and find points in common for integrating renewable generation resources into power systems; and
- Highlight proven power systems governance structures that can encourage private sector investment and renewable energy deployment.
Main themes of the Training Course:
- Introduction to Electricity Markets and to the Regulation of Renewables
- Key Components of Enabling Renewables in Centralised Markets
- Renewable Support Schemes and Project Financing
- Renewables System Integration
- Regional Markets to Support Development of Renewables
Course Faculty Team:
- Alparslan BAYRAKTAR – Chairman, ERRA
- Sonwabo DAMBA – Manager, Energy Planning, Eskom Transmission Group, Zambia
- Yvonne FINGER – RES Team, Bundesnetzagentur, Germany
- Anders Plejdrup HOUMOLLER – Houmoller Consulting, Denmark
- Peter KADERJÁK – Director, Regional Energy Research Center (REKK), Hungary
- Johnson MAVIYA – Environmental and Project Officer, Southern African Power Pool, Zimbabwe
- Asami MIKETA – Programme Officer, IRENAMbulelo NCETEZO – Executive Manager, National Energy Regulator of South Africa
- Georgios PERGAMALIS – Head of Business Development, ENEL Green Power
- Dennis VOLK – Programme Officer, IRENA
- Salvatore VINCI – Programme Officer, IRENA
There were 33 participants from 11 different countries of the Southern and Eastern African region to gain knowledge on implementing enabling regulatory environments for the timely and efficient development and integration of renewables power generation resources.