South East European Electricity Roadmap: RES Training Workshop
November 15-17, 2016 // Podgorica, Montenegro
The SEERMAP project aims to assess the long term electricity market development of the SEE region, providing a long term Roadmap for the sustainable development of its electricity sector and build up capacities in the public administration required for long term planning in the power sector and for disseminating the project results.
The project has three objectives:
- Contributing to the development of a Long Term Electricity Roadmap for the SEE region and to complete the analysis of the whole SEE region and effectively distribute the findings of this roadmap to the high level decision-makers in the energy administration of the countries.
- Build up capacities – in the form of training courses – amongst policy makers, TSO members, energy regulators and local think tanks in the field of renewable energy deployment and on transmission network planning issues.
- The third objective is to build up a network of regional think tanks capable of contributing to the debate on the long term decarbonisation pathways in the SEE region.
Four main target groups are identified as project beneficiaries and contributors:
- The first group consists of government representatives from the responsible ministries and agencies having core competencies in shaping national energy (including renewable) and climate policies.
- The second group is the regulators dealing with tariff setting issues thus having crucial role in infrastructure development and in monitoring RES deployment. Although presently regulators in the region have less power than in the rest of EU, they will gain more authority in the coming years, meaning more independence and higher role in shaping the energy sector developments.
- The third group is the national TSOs having main responsibility in developing and maintaining the transmission infrastructure.
- The fourth target group is local think thanks, their quantitative assessment skills and cooperation will be supported in order to build up a cohesive regional network of energy research think tanks.
For more information please visit: seermap.rekk.hu
Participation in the project is only on invitation basis!
For the event presentations please visit: