Energy and Mineral Regulatory Commission (EMRC)
- Zahran Street, Seventh Circle, Amman, Jordan
- +962 6 580 5000
- Joined ERRA in 2007
- Established in 2014
- Legal basis
- 2002 General Electricity Law (GEL)
- – Issuing of licenses in accordance with the provisions of the GEL
- – Establish the methodological basis for computing electric tariffs, subscription fees and connection charges to transmission and distribution systems.
- – Approve electric power meters installed by the licensees
- – Prescribe directives for inspection and testing of meters.
- – Ensure compliance by licensees with the terms of their licenses and other legal requirements, including directives issued.
- – Establish the appropriate operating codes and safety, security, and reliability standards and to assess the performance of the licensees.
- – Settle disputes arising between the licensees and consumers or between the licensees inter se.
- – Issue directives to ensure EMRC obtains technical and financial data and any other information to conduct its mandates.
- – Prepare draft by-laws relating to the Energy sector.
- – Any other issues that the Chief-Commissioner thinks fit to present to the Council.
- – Issuing tariffs.
- – Any other issues relating to energy sector (gas, nuclear, electricity… etc.
- Internal Structure
- Council of Commissioners, formed by 5 Commissioners (Chairman, Deputy Chairman and three other Commissioners). Each Commissioner appointed for a 4 years period (except for three Commissioners of the first Council in order to allow overlapping) and may be renewed for one additional 4 year period.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5
- Number of Staff: 347
- Financing is through License fees approximately 95%, other 5%
Population: 9 952 293 (2017 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 5 550 (2016 est.)
Territory: 89 341 km2 (112. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.