Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS Russia)
Electricity, Natural Gas, LPG, District Heating, Water, Wastewater, Oil Transportation, Telecommunication, Post, Railway, Services of cargo Terminals, Ports, Airports
Regulatory Authority General Information
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- as Legal successor of Federal Tariff Service (FTS of Russia)
- Legal basis
- Determined by the Federal Law of 17 August 1995 №147-FZ “On natural monopolies” and the Federal Law of 26 July 2006 №135-FZ “On protection of competition”; the Resolution of the Russian Government dated 30 June 2004 №331 “On approval of the Federal Antimonopoly Service”. Other authorities are determined by industrial laws and the Statute about the FAS Russia.
- Internal Structure
- The Head and his deputies are appointed by the Government of the Russian Federation on a permanent basis (indefinite terms of office). The FAS Russia consists of a central unit (30 divisions) and 85 regional offices.
- The expenses for the maintenance of the central offices of the Federal Antimonopoly Service and its regional offices are carried out by funds provided by the federal budget.
General Country Information
Population: 146.8 mln (2017)
GDP / Capita: $ 8 664 (2017)
Territory: 17 098 246 km2 (1. in World rank)
ERRA Committe and Working Group Members
Igor ARTEMIEV - Head of the FAS Russia
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Aleksey VORONIN - Deputy Head of the Electricity Regulation Department
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Maxim PALYANOV - Head of the Division of Antimonopoly Control of the Wholesale Electricity Market, Electricity Regulation Department
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Svetlana BAGDANTSEVA - Head of the Wholesale Electricity Market Tariff Regulation Division of the Electricity Regulation Department