4th High-level Meeting of Regional Associations of Emerging Markets
November 3, 2016 // Milan, Italy
Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA)
Mediterranean Energy Regulators (MEDREG)
In 2013, ERRA launched the organisation of an annual high-level roundtable gathering Associations of regulators from emerging economies of the world. The first roundtable was held in Istanbul (Turkey) and proved very successful and useful for participants, thus leading to the organization of subsequent meetings in Johannesburg (South Africa) in 2014 and in Istanbul again in 2015.
The objective of this meeting is to offer a high-level exchange platform for Associations of regulators representing emerging economies to develop cooperation and the exchange of experience in several areas of energy regulation, on the lines of the existing dialogues between associations representing developed markets, such as the EU-US Roundtable between NARUC and CEER.
The 2016 roundtable shall focus on access to energy, competences and characteristics of regulators, investment environment.
The following organizations are invited to attend:
- African Forum for Utility Regulators (AFUR)
- Association of Ibero-American Regulators (ARIAE)
- East Asia and Pacific Infrastructure Regulatory Forum (EAPIRF)
- ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
- Organization Of Caribbean Utility Regulators (OOCUR)
- Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Association of Energy Regulators (RAERESA)
- Regional Electricity Regulators Association of Southern Africa (RERA)
Transportation from Airports
MILANO MALPENSA (MXP)
Milano Malpensa Airport, main international hub, is located ca. 55 km northwest of Milano and it is easily connected with Milan city center.
- An express shuttle train service links Malpensa Airport to the main Railway Station ('Stazione Centrale'). The trip takes about 50 minutes. For more information and ticket purchase please visit the following web site: www.malpensaexpress.it
- A shuttle bus service links Malpensa Airport to Milano’s Railway Central Station (‘Stazione Centrale’). The trip takes about 1 hour, depending on the traffic. For more information please visit the following web site: www.malpensashuttle.com
- The official taxi fare from Malpensa airport and Milan city centre is 90 €.
MILANO LINATE (LIN)
Milano Linate is located 7 km east of the City Centre and is easily connected with the city.
- A shuttle bus service links Linate Airport to Milano’s Railway Central Station (‘Stazione Centrale’). The trip takes about 20 minutes, depending on the traffic. For more information please visit the following web site: http://www.atm.it/en/AltriServizi/Trasporto/Pages/airbus.aspx
- A taxi is around 25 €.
Passports and Visas
All visitors should be holding a valid passport or other forms of travel documents in order to enter and stay in Italy.
We advise you to check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs if they need an entry visa on the Italian territory:
A – Hotel Manin 4*
Via Daniele Manin,7, 20121 Milan
Tel: +39 02 6596511 / Fax: +39 02 6552160
Location: 200 mt from MEDREG office
B – Hotel Cavour 4*
Via Fatebenefratelli, 21, 20121 Milan
Tel: +39 02620001 / Fax: +39 026592263
Location: 100 mt from MEDREG office
C – Hotel Mercure 3*
Piazza Oberdan 12, 20129 Milan
Tel : +39 02 29403907 / Fax : +39 02 29526171
Location: 1 km from MEDREG office (15 min walking)
D – Eurohotel Milano 3*
Via Giuseppe Sirtori, 24, 20129 Milan
Tel : +39 02 20404010 / Fax: +39 02 29400674
Location: 1 km from from MEDREG office (15 min walking)
E – Ibis Milano Centro 3*
Via Finocchiaro Aprile 2, 20124 Milan
Tel : + Tel. (+39)02/63151
Location: 900 mt from from MEDREG office (13 min walking)
MEDREG Secretariat c/o AEEGSI
Via Turati 4, 20121 Milan
Tel.: +39 02 655 655 63
Nearest public transportation:
Metro station: Turati (yellow line)
Tram n°1: tram stop at “Piazza Cavour”