8th High-level Meeting of Regional Associations of Emerging Markets
December 3, 2019 // Milan, Italy
Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA)
In 2013, ERRA launched the organisation of an annual high-level roundtable gathering Associations of regulators from emerging economies of the world. The first roundtable was held in Istanbul (Turkey) and proved very successful and useful for participants, thus leading to the organization of subsequent meetings in Johannesburg (2014), in Istanbul again (2015), in Milan (2016), in Budapest (2017), in Cancun with formalising the cooperation by signing a MoU (2018) and in Istanbul (2018).
The objective of the meeting remains to offer a high-level exchange platform for Associations of regulators representing emerging economies to develop cooperation and the exchange of experience in several areas of energy regulation, on the lines of the existing dialogues between associations representing developed markets. In addition, during the meeting participating associations will discuss those possible future cooperation areas that the signed Memorandum of Understanding refers to.
- African Forum for Utility Regulators (AFUR)
- Association of Ibero-American Regulators (ARIAE)
- ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
- Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA)
- Mediterranean Energy Regulators (MEDREG)
- Organisation of Caribbean Utility Regulators (OOCUR)
- Regional Electricity Regulators Association of Southern Africa (RERA)