ERRA Energy Regulatory Innovation Day
May 12-13, 2016 // Poznan, Poland
The ERRA Energy Regulatory Innovation Day (ERID) is designed as a platform for the exchange of experience and information between energy regulatory authorities, utilities and research institutions. Under the broad umbrella of the program, the management and the staff of regulatory agencies, research institutions, energy companies and members of the financial sector interested in development and innovation come together in Poznan.
The Forum was opened by:
- Michał Kurtyka – Minister, Ministry of Energy, Poland
- Dr. Abdullah Mohammad Al-Shehri – Governor, Electricity & Cogeneration Regulatory Authority (ECRA), Saudi Arabia
Main Themes of the Forum:
- Intersection of innovation and regulation
- Regulatory and non-regulatory incentives for utilities
- Stimulations of innovativeness in the energy sector
- Role of regulators and other institutions in stimulation of innovations in the energy sector
- Role of cooperation between various actors of innovation ecosystem
- Technology innovations: Demand Side Response, e-mobility and h-mobility, energy storage, smart grids and smart metering, industrial energy end-users policies towards innovations, quality regulation, cybersecurity
For the ERID ERRA has published a paper with the title “Innovation and Energy Regulation”.
The paper aims to introduce the industrial tendencies, the required new smart technologies and innovative operation models together with their necessary regulatory support. The main focus is on new innovative technologies (e.g. smart metering, smart grids, storage, e-mobility and demand side response) with the potential challenges of deployment and the benefits of using them.
The report also introduces the results of the ERRA internal survey-questionnaire on the present position of ERRA members regarding innovation, regulatory support of development and implementation of new innovative technologies. The paper was edited by Mariusz Swora and Gábor Szörényi and it was prepared by:
- Grzegorz Benysek (Researcher, University of Zielona Góra)
- Carlo degli Esposti (Poyry Management)
- Mariusz Swora (Attorney at law, Poland)
- Gábor Szörényi (General Secretary, ERRA)
- István Táczi (Intern, ERRA)
The report can be downloaded here.
We are pleased to publish a follow up document including the most remarkable messages of the Forum. We are confident that the material will serve as a useful tool for those who could not participate in the event.
Poznan International Fair
Pavilion 15 (Poznan Congress Center Pavilion)