Energy Market Surveillance Webinar: Supervisory Tools and Sanctioning
The purpose of the third edition of the series of ERRA webinars on Energy Market Surveillance is to present two important areas related to market surveillance, namely sanctioning and procedural measures. During the first part of the webinar, representatives of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission of the U.S. will present powers of regulators and sanctioning under U.S. laws while the speaker of the European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators will present issues related to market surveillance under REMIT. Consequently, the second part of the program will be devoted to case studies illustrating various abusive practices in energy markets.
If you are interested only in a particular session,
click to watch on YouTube, expand the video’s description and jump directly to it by clicking the timeline links.
- Market Surveillance at ACER
- Enforcement Procedure
- Overview of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s Penalty Authority
- Representative Matters and Penalty Challenges
- Case study 1: OFGEM – EDF Energy (Thermal Generation) Limited – Article 5 REMIT
- Case study 2: FERC – Footprint: Re-evaluating Enforcement Position
- Case study 3: Latvia – Breach of obligation to publish inside information