Azerbaijan Energy Regulatory Agency (AERA)
- Heydar Aliyev Avenue 152
AZ 1029 Baku, Azerbaijan
- +994 12 598 1653
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Joined ERRA in 2018
- Established in 2017
- Legal basis
- In accordance with the Decree No.1138 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan of December 6, 2016 “On Approval of Strategic Road Map for the National Economy and the Main Economic Sectors”, it was decided to establish an Energy Regulatory Agency – a public legal entity under the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan based on the State Energy Supervision Department and State Gas Supervision Department of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan..
- – Participation in the formation and implementation of the unified state policy;
– Control over the compliance with the existing law as well as on the Consumer Protection Law in the respective business field.
– Control over the respective measures for ensuring the rational use of the energy resources by the enterprises working in the respective field, prevention or reduction of the negative impact on the environment in the energy field, in accordance with the relevant norms.
– Increase the favorable investment environment in the respective field as well as the ensuring the preparation of the motivating mechanisms for the attraction of the investments to these fields under consideration of the international practice;
– Settlement of the disputes between the manufacturers, suppliers, mediators, distributors and consumers
– Inspections in relevant field in cases as provided by the Law of Azerbaijan on “Regulation of inspections conducted in the field of entrepreneurship and protection of the interests of entrepreneurs”;
– Put forward proposals regarding the formation of the price (tariff) policy in relevant field;
– Taking measures for the creating the healthy competition environment in relevant business field and increasing the energy production efficiency.
- Internal Structure
- Chairman and 2 Deputies appointed by the Minister of Energy.
- Working Employees
- Planned number of employees: 248. Recruiting is in progress.
- Financed by the Government, by Licences, by dues.
Population: 9 872 765 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 3 759 (2016 est.)
Territory: 86 600 km2 (113. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Samir AKHUNDOV - Chairman of the Board
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Fariz SHIRINOV - Head, Division of Legal Support and Analysis
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Hikmat HASANOV - Head, Division of Strategic Planning and Innovations
Rashad GASIMOV - Head of Tariffs Section, Division of Business Analysis, Tariffs and Statistics
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Elnur GAFARLI - Deputy Head, Division of Energy Quality Control and Regulation