ERRA Secondment Position
ERRA Secondees are temporary experts of the Secretariat who are transferred by the ERRA member organisations (hosting organisations) for the purposes of providing technical capacity and expert services for the Association and other member organisations.
The Secondment is a temporary working arrangement where a hosting organisation assigns an employee to a new position under the supervision of the ERRA Secretariat (host), usually to complete a project while gaining new experience. A Secondment can help staff to increase their qualifications by working in an international environment and dealing with novel projects that do not fall under the usual scope domestic of regulatory tasks. The Secondee benefits through learning new skills, expanding their expertise and networking with ERRA peers and partners.
- MAIN BENEFITS
For the hosting organisation (ERRA member):
- strengthening the relationship between the hosting organisation and host (ERRA) to develop a better understanding of each other through collaborative efforts,
- increased access to ERRA know-how and resources,
- strengthening the international network through their staff person’s presence in ERRA’s work and activities,
- opportunity for their staff member to learn new skills and to become familiar with new professional topics, while expanding their English language knowledge,
- the secondment can be an effective motivation tool for the staff by offering an attractive opportunity of living abroad, meeting new people and enriching one’s career,
- a great chance to update their staff member’s skillset and/or the leadership skills (by following the rules and being proactive),
- free ERRA training opportunities: ERRA offers free slots for the Secondee for the chosen ERRA training courses within the 12-month-period to follow as well as 5 free slots for the hosting organisation.
For the host (ERRA):
- strengthening the relationship between the ERRA and the hosting organisation to develop a better understanding of each other through collaborative efforts,
- increased access to hands-on regulatory expertise,
- opportunity to rely directly on regulatory experts in drafting studies, benchmarking papers and analyses,
- strengthening and accelerating the work of the ERRA Committees/ Working group,
- diversifying the environment of the Secretariat’s team.
- minimum 3 years of experience at a regulatory authority,
- professional background on, at least, 3 topics out of the following:
- electricity markets, natural gas markets, competition, customer protection, customers awareness and empowerment, supply of last resort, energy poverty and rights of vulnerable energy customers, smart grids and smart meters, tariffs & their regulation, price instruments, WACC for Electricity and Gas, network charges, distributed generation, prosumers, energy efficiency, licensing, renewable energy, RES markets, cyber security, system security, security of supply, EU network codes, unbundling and certification of TSO's/DSO’s, flexibility, demand-side management, LNG, gas transmission networks, market-based investment procedures, market monitoring, capacity allocation mechanisms and congestion management procedures, distribution network losses, regulatory innovations, guaranteed standards of service, dispute resolution, and other technical topics not mentioned above,
- previous experience and/or references in drafting professional papers or studies is a plus,
- good computer literacy with sound understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word),
- very good English language knowledge is a must, with the ability to use technical terminology (both spoken and written).
- TECHNICAL CONDITIONS
- The position would be available for 3-12 months,
- Secondee will be preferably present onsite at the ERRA Secretariat in Budapest, Hungary,
- In case the Secondee could work and assist ERRA remotely only, minimum 2 visits at the ERRA Secretariat Budapest office are required,
- As an alternative, Secondee can work for the hosting organisation and the host (ERRA) with the division of work in the amount of 80%-20%, OR 70%-30%, OR 60%-40%, based on the agreed schedule to be listed in the secondment contract,
- In case of high interest: ERRA Secretariat can host only one Secondee at a time,
- In case of high interest: ERRA Presidium has the right to choose the best applicant and the priority will be given to those who can physically work at the Secretariat in Budapest.
- FINANCIAL AND LEGAL CONDITIONS
- Since the Secondee remains an employee of the hosting organisation, the hosting organisation will cover the salary cost for the person along with other relevant costs in connection with the Secondee’s salary items (contributions to social security and insurance systems including insurance for the purposes of the secondment, etc.), required by the applicable national law,
- Following the Secondment, the Secondee shall be entitled to return to his or her position with the hosting organization,
- Supervision – The Secondee should remain bound by the management practices and employment rules of the hosting organization, but the he/she may be subject to the general oversight of the host,
- The host will bear the costs of the Secondee’s accommodation and will provide with the necessary technical equipment for the work,
- The host will cover 2 round-way air tickets or other means of transportation (bus or train) during the 3-to-12-month-period within a fixed amount.
- As an appreciation to the interest and support, ERRA offers free slots for the Secondee for the chosen ERRA training courses within the 12-month-period to follow after the Secondment, as well as 5 free slots for the hosting organisation for any selected trainings from ERRA offer for the period of 12 months to follow the end of the Secondment.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Please send the applications directly to the ERRA Secretariat:
- your short CV containing reference to any relevant papers/publications/contributions made,
- motivation letter (max. 1-page, font size 10),
- supporting letter from the Chairperson of your organisation,
- in the email, please also inform us about your place of residence/ willingness to relocate to Budapest, Hungary and indicate the specific preferred period of engagement ranging from 3 to 12 months.
Please do not send reference papers/publications at this stage. No phone calls, please.
The recruitment of the Secondee shall be made by way of a secondment agreement between ERRA and the hosting organisation. The secondment agreement may be terminated by both bodies on two weeks’ notice by way of a reasoned termination letter.
Secondee must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the secondment and may not publish any documents based on such information.
Any professional material produced by the Secondee during the secondment period shall be the express property of ERRA. These materials can be used by the Secondee for other purposes with the approval of ERRA.