Energy Agency of the Republic of Serbia (AERS)
- 5 Terazije, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
- + 381 11 63 50 130
- Natural Gas
- Oil and Oil Products
- CHP Heat Energy
- Joined ERRA in 2006
- Established in 2005
- Legal basis
- Energy Law (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia 145/2014).
AERS has jurisdiction in electricity, natural gas and oil sectors.
By adoption of the new Energy Law in 2014, AERS responsibilities have been approximated to the NRA tasks set by the 3rd Package of the EU IEM legislation. Main groups of tasks include rule setting (e.g. adopting/ approving pricing methodologies, network codes, market rules, rules on capacity allocation on electricity interconnectors, rules on electricity and natural gas quality regulation, rules on supplier switching, network operators’ compliance program etc.), monitoring and enforcement (market surveillance, monitoring network operators, dispute settlement, issuing binding decisions, initiating court proceedings etc.) and empowerment (licensing, TSO certification, deciding on TPA exemptions, approving TYNDP, setting/ approving regulated prices etc.)
Legally, functionally and financially independent.
Responsible to the National Assembly.
Reports to the National Assembly. Budget has to be approved by the National Assembly and the Annual Report including Financial Report has to be submitted as well
- Internal Structure
- As per the Energy Law, the Council (managing body of AERS) consists of President and four members, with staggered terms of office (7, 6 and 5 years), elected by the National Assembly.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5
- Number of Staff: 40
- AERS operation is provided from revenues obtained from license fees and use- of- system charges.
Population: 7 143 921 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 5 294 (2016 est.)
Territory: 77 474 km2 (117. in World rank)