Law Nr. 02-01 date February 2021 relative to electricity and gas.
The main competencies and functions of CREG are: – Licencing – Demand Forecast/ Investment Planning – Remuneration of Operators and Tariffs – Access to Networks/ Markets – Quality Regulations/ Technical and Environmental Control – Consumer Protection
• Independence: Independent institution.
• Supervised by a steering committee, (President and three directors appointed by presidential decree on proposal of the Minister in charge of energy.
• Reports to the Minister in charge of energy.
• Appeal process: Not applicable.
CREG is managed by a board of directors, President and three directors appointed by presidential decree on proposal of the Minister in charge of energy. Commission services are organized into three divisions, each headed by a director, member of steering committee (board).
• Decision-Making Level: 4 (President and 3 Directors)
• Total Number of Employees: 58
Operating costs of regulation commission are included in permanent costs of system, they are collected through the bill of electricity and gas, and the Budget Commission is approved by the Minister in charge of energy.
Information will be available at a later stage.