Estonian Competition Authority (ECA)
- 6 Auna Str.
10317 Tallinn, Estonia
- +372 6 672 400
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- Established in 2008
- Legal basis
- Ministerial Decree June 20, 2014, Electricity Market Act, Natural Gas Act, District Heating Act, Public Water Supply and Sewerage Act, Competition Act, Postal Act, Railways Act.
Electricity, Natural Gas, District Heating, Competition, Railway, Postal Sector, Water Sector
Responsibilities include tariff setting, licensing, monitoring of supply service quality, monitoring of retail and wholesale market and promotion of competition.
Independent both in decision-making procedures and in accountability
Since 1.09.2015 reports to the Minister of Justice (formerly to the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications).
- Internal Structure
- The Minister of Justice appoints the General Director of the ECA (until 1.09.2015 appointed by the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications).
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 1 Director-General, 2 heads of division, 7 head of departments
- Number of Staff: 47
- Financed from the state budget
Population: 1 258 545 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 17 896 (2016 est.)
Territory: 45 228 km2 (133. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Märt OTS - General Director, ERRA Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Tiina MALDRE - Adviser of Energy and Postal Communications Department
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Maarika KARELSON - Adviser of District Heating Department
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Margus KASEPALU - Head of Energy and Postal Communications Department, Chairman of the ERRA Working Group