Ministerial Decree of 1 September, 2015 Electricity Market Act, Natural Gas Act, District Heating Act, Public Water Supply and Sewerage Act, Competition Act, Postal Act, Railways Act, Aviation Act, Ports Act.
Electricity, Natural Gas, District Heating, Competition, Railways, Postal Sector, Water Sector, Aviation sector, Ports sector.
Responsibilities include tariff setting, licensing, monitoring of supply service quality, monitoring of retail and wholesale market and promotion of competition, settling disputes, advising consumers and undertakings.
• Independence: Independent both in decision-making procedures and in accountability.
• Reports to: Since 1.09.2015 reports to the Minister of Justice (formerly to the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications).
• Appeal process: The decisions made by the Authority can be appealed to Court within 30 days.
The Minister of Justice appoints the General Director of the ECA (until 1.09.2015 appointed by the Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications).
• Decision-Making Level: Director General, Head of Regulatory Division – Deputy Director General
• Total Number of Employees: 54
The Estonian Competition Authority is financed from the State Budget, thereby the amount of budget allocated to regulatory activities is collected via fees paid by the regulated undertakings (sectors regulation related activities).