Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC)
- University street 2A (Ikh surguuliin gudamj 2A)
- +976 11 320 126
- District Heating
- Joined ERRA in 2001
- Established in 2001
- Legal basis
- Energy Law of Mongolia.
- The ERC is responsible for licensing of enterprises in electricity; district heating markets. According to the law the ERC issues operational licenses with the conditions and terms, which meets the interests of general public and society, sets and supervises prices and tariffs for electricity and heat and resolves disputes between consumers and licensees. The ERC approves electricity market rules. According to the Energy law amendment ERC is responsible to formulate coal price methodology which is used energy production and to develop tariff price indexing.
Independence: an independent and separate legal entity
Supervised by: Commissioner Board that consists of five Commissioners appointed by the Prime Minister.
Reports to: the Licensees annually on its activities and budget performance according to the Article 9.1.19 of the Energy Law of Mongolia.
Appeal process: to court in case of disagreements with licensees and consumers according to the Article 35.2 of the Energy Law of Mongolia.
- Internal Structure
- Chairman and 2 commissioners are nominated by the Cabinet Minister in charge of energy and 2 part-time commissioners are nominated by the Mongolian National Chamber of the Trade and Industry and Consumer Right Protection Association appointed by the Prime Minister. Chairman and commissioners are appointed for staggered terms 2, 4, 6 years which may be extended once for an additional 3 years and removal is for cause only.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5
- Number of Staff: 45
- Fees collected from licensees
Population: 3 031 330 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 12 100 (2015 est.)
Territory: 1 564 116 km2 (19. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.