Regulatory Commission for Energy in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FERK)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Regulatory Authority General Information
- Legal basis/ mandate
- Law on Electricity in FBiH (Official Gazette FBiH, No. 66/13, 94/15, 54/19 and 1/22); Law on Usage of Renewable Sources and Efficient Cogeneration (Official Gazette FBIH No. 70/13 and 5/14); Law on Oil Products in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Official Gazette FBIH, No. 52/14).
- In Electricity responsible for: – Approval of tariff and price; – Licensing of companies in electricity and monitoring of their activity; – Developing and approving all the secondary legislation in the electricity; – Resolving customer requests/ complaints. Oil sector responsibilities: – Monitoring and regulation of relations between importers, wholesalers, retailers, transporters and customers of oil products, pursuant this law and acts of Regulatory Commissions; – Issuance and revocation of licenses for performance of energy activities; – To ensure non-discrimination, efficient competition and efficient functioning of oil products market, paying special attention to safety of oil products supply.
- • Independence: Independent institution.
- • Supervised by the Parliament.
- • Reports to the Parliament on annual basis.
- • Appeal process: Individual acts made by FERK are final. It is possible to start administrative lawsuit against FERK’s individual acts at court of jurisdiction. The decisions of FERK remain in force pending the completion of appellate proceeding. Award made by FERK in Arbitration in front of FERK has the force of legal valid verdict for the parties.
- Internal Structure
- Parliament of Federation BiH, on proposal of FBIH Government with previous approval obtained from President and Vice Presidents of Federation BIH is appointing President and two Commissioners for Regulatory Commission. The process of appointing the members of the Regulatory Commission must ensure the representation of the constituent peoples in the Federation. In accordance with the Law on Electricity and Statute of the Regulatory Commission, it is prescribed that the Commissioners may rotate in the post of President. The President’s term of office shall be one year. FERK has the following organisational parts: Licensing and Technical Department, Tariff and Market Department, Legal Department, Financial Department and Department of Common Affairs.
- Working Employees
- • Decision-Making Level: 3
- • Total Number of Employees: 36
- License application one-off fees and regulatory fees.