National Energy Regulatory Council (NERC)
- Verkių st. 25C-1
- +370 800 20500
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Transport (Railway and Ferry)
- Petroleum Products
Since 1st July 2019 National Commission for Energy Control and Prices (NCC) has been renamed following the requirement of the national law stating that State Energy Inspectorate under Ministry of Energy will be reorganised by way of merger and joined to NCC.
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- Established in 1997
- Legal basis
- The Energy Law, Law on Prices, Law on Transport, Law on Electricity, Law on Natural Gas, Law on Heat, Law on Renewable Resources, Law on Energy Resources Market, Law on Liquefied Natural Gas terminal.
- Regulates electric and thermal energy, district heating, natural gas, water supply and waste water management, transportation (railway and ferry), petroleum products. Responsibilities include tariff setting, licensing, monitoring of supply service quality, dispute resolution, complain handling. Performs technical functions alongside economic market regulation: maintenance of energy facilities and installations; control of energy workers’ certification; testing of energy efficiency; and issuing certificates of energy equipment operation activities.
NERC is a permanently functioning independent institution
NERC reports annually to the President, the Government and the Parliament
NERC decisions could be appealed to the court
- Internal Structure
- 5 Members of Council as collegial decision making body supported by administration.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5 (including Chairperson)
- Number of Staff: 200
- Revenue from energy sector activities of energy companies whose prices are regulated by the state: heat transfer activities, electricity, gas transmission and distribution, activities of persons providing services of public interest and natural gas liquefaction (re-gasification); revenue from services provided at the request of the persons concerned for the verification of the technical condition of energy installations and the issue of certificates concerning the technical condition of energy installations, and revenue received from work performed by the Council and services provided in connection with the supervision of regulated activities of energy companies licensed to trade in petroleum products and / or liquefied petroleum gas; and, if needed, State Budget funds. Budget of the authority is administered within the State Budget.
Population: 2 794 184 (2019)
GDP: EUR 45.2 billion (2019)
Territory: 65 300 km2 (123. in World rank)
Inga ŽILIENĖ - Chair
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Vilma ADAMAVIČIŪTĖ - Head of Law Department
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Jurga GRUDZINSKAITĖ-GAINOVSKĖ - Director of Gas and Electricity Department
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Sandra GRABAUSKAITĖ - Adviser of Consumers Protection Division