Palestinian Electricity Regulatory Council (PERC)
- Jasmine Building, 3rd Floor
- +970 02 297 5178
- Joined ERRA in 2018
- Established in 2010
- Legal basis
- In line with the Law No. 13 (issued in 2009) of the General Electricity Law and upon the recommendation of the Council of Ministers, Mr. President of Palestine issued a decree (issued in February 2010) to appoint the members of the first Board of Directors of the Palestinian Electricity Regulatory Council announcing the start of reorganizing the electricity sector in Palestine.
- – Recommending tariff methodology and pricing
- – Recommend licence, regulations and guidelines
- – Setting service standards and KPI’s
- – Monitoring licenses compliance
- – Performance monitoring
- – Customer service satisfaction
- – Quality standards
- – Resolve disputes
- – Fulfil inquiries and provide transparent data
- Internal Structure
- The Board consists of 7 members, including the Chairman, 4 of the members are representing ministries (Finance, Energy, Economy, Local Government) and the other members are representing private sector. All of them are nominated by the Cabinet and are assigned through Presidential Decree.
- Working Employees
- Number of Empleyees: 11
- PERC is funded through annual subsidy paid by the Ministry of Finance and according to the General Electricity Law No. 13 the revenues of PERC comes from 3 sources: License fees; Governmental subsidies and other donations.
Population: 4.95 mln (est. 2017)
GDP / Capita: $ 2 864 (2015)
Territory: 6 220 km² (165. in World rank)