Public Services Regulatory Commission (PSRC)
- 22 Saryan Street
0002 Yerevan, Armenia
- +374 10 522 522
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- Legal basis
- Law on establishment of a regulatory body for public services approved in December 25, 2003 and amended in February, April, November, December 2007 and in December 2013; Energy law of the Republic of Armenia approved on March 7 2001 and amended in March, December 2003, May, June 2006, February 2007, April 2011, June 2013 and June 2014; Electronic Communications Law of the Republic of Armenia adopted on 8 July 2005 and amended in February and April 2007, November 2009, May 2011 and April 2013; Law on Railroad Transport adopted on 28 November, 2007 and amended in February 2013; Law on Setting and Revising Tariffs for Provision of Services Related to Mandatory Technical Checkup by Means of Technical Diagnostics adopted on 18 December 2007; Law on Postal Communications approved on 14 December 2004 with amendments adopted in December 2005, December 2006, April 2007 and in May 2011; the Water Code of the Republic of Armenia adopted on June 4, 2002 and amended in March, November, December 2003, November and December 2004, May 2005, February 2007, November 2009, October 2011 and June 2013.
- In the field of energy and telecommunications, the PSRC provides tariff policy implementation and issues licenses, allocates radio frequencies; while in the water sector it implements the tariff policy and issues permits to use water systems; in the postal sector it performs tariff regulation of universal services; in the railroad transport sector – calculates and approves the fee for using of the infrastructure, in the field of technical checkup of transport vehicles – sets tariffs for provision of services.
Independence from the government of the Republic of Armenia.
Reports to Parliament on annual basis.
- Internal Structure
- Chairman, Vice-chairman and 3 commissioners are nominated by the Prime Minister and approved by the President for a five-year term.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5
- Number of Staff: 118
- Financed from the national budget approved by the Parliament.
Population: 3 051 250 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 3 596 (2016 est.)
Territory: 29 743 km2 (143. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Mikayel SOGHOMONYAN - Acting Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Armen BAGHDASARYAN - Commissioner
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Garegin BAGHRAMYAN - Head of Tariff Policy Department
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Seda SHAHINYAN - Head of Legal and Licensing Department