Regulatory Office for Network Industries (ÚRSO)
- Bajkalská 27, P.O.BOX 12
820 07 Bratislava 27, Slovakia
- +421 2 581 00411
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Joined ERRA in 2000 until 2005, rejoined in 2008
- Established in 2001
- Legal basis
- Act No. 250/2012 Coll. on Regulation in Network Industries.
Electricity, natural gas, district heating, water:
– Ensures transparent, non-discriminatory and efficient competition with consideration for consumer protection;
– Ensures efficient operation of the market in network industries;
– Issues licenses;
– Determines and approves the method, procedures and conditions of determination of prices.
Legally and functionally independent.
On an annual basis, always by 31 May of the subsequent year, the Office submits to the National Council a report on the Office’ s activities and management, a report on performance of regulation policy, and a report on results of performance of tasks approved by the Board for Regulation.
The Board for Regulation prepares draft regulatory policy for the upcoming regulatory period as well as the price proposal for regulated entities and submits them to the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment. If the proposals comply with the goals of energy policy and water policy, the Ministry of Economy approves the draft.
- Internal Structure
- According to Act No. 250/2012, the Office is headed and managed by a Chairman who is appointed and recalled upon the Board for Regulation proposal (the Board for Regulation is an independent collective state authority responsible for determination of regulatory policy. The Board consists of 6 members appointed and recalled by the President of the Slovak Republic).
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 6 (Board for Regulation)
- Number of Staff: 111
- The Office is financed from state budget. The budget is approved by the Board for Regulation.
Population: 5 445 802 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 16 648 (2016 est.)
Territory: 49 035 km2 (131. in World rank)