Act No. 250/2012 Coll. on Regulation in Network Industries.
Electricity, natural gas, dictrict heating, water management: URSO is responsible for tariff regulation (approval of tariffs (prices)) and non-tariff regulation (licensing, approvals of infrastructure planning, market rules, grid codes, etc.) and monitoring of regulated companies´ activities incl. performing onsite/offsite inspections, developing and approving secondary legislation (decrees), handling customer complaints, cooperation with ACER, the European Commission, CEER, etc.
• Independence: Legally and functionally independent.
• Supervised by the Parliament (the National Council of the Slovak Republic).
• Reports to the Parliament.
• Appeal process: The Regulatory Board as the appeal body decides on appeals against the Office’s first instance decisions issued in tariff regulation proceedings, in non-tariff regulation proceedings and in cases of extraordinary regulation, with the exeption of deciding on appeals against decisions to impose a fine.
The Office has two decision-making bodies – Chairman (executive management) and the Regulatory Board (responsible for approval of strategic documents, especially the regulatory policy and also serving as board of appeal). The Regulatory Board consists of 6 members appointed on a rotation basis. The Chair in his/her executive management role is supported by two vice-chairmen. further managing positions include heads of departments and heads of units. The Chair and the members of the Regulatory Board are appointed for a term of 6 years with the right of being re-appointed once.
• Decision-Making Level: 21
• Total Number of Employees: 107 including on decision-making level (numbers excluding members of the Regulatory Board)