NG COM issues its first publication – natural gas report on the status quo
ERRA publishes its first natural gas report prepared by the Natural Gas Markets and Economic Regulation Committee (NG COM). The report titled: “2020 NG COM introductory survey results – A status quo Report” comprises detailed information regarding ERRA gas markets, their level of liberalization as well as regulatory regime characteristics.
The document can be accessed below:
The main contents of the report are divided between three major categories:
1. Demand and supply characteristics
- yearly natural gas consumption and its breakdown for sectors,
- ratio of domestic production compared to total consumption,
- import possibilities,
- entry points and storage facilities.
2. Unbundling and market structure information
- level of unbundling between: the transmission network and trading segments, distribution network company(s) and the retailer(s), storage and the trading segments;
- number of DSOs in the market,
- number of active suppliers at retail level.
3. Price regulation regimes in place
- share of the retail market under end user price regulation,
- transmission and distribution tariff setting,
- wholesale price formation,
This natural gas report is based on input received from 21 member organizations.
ERRA would like to deeply thank Mr. Mehmet Kürkcü, EMRA, Turkey – NG COM Chair and Mr. Viesturs Kadikis, PUC, Latvia – Committee Vice-Chair, who completed the natural gas markets’ report.
Read more about ERRA Natural Gas Markets and Economic Regulation Committee.