• Independence: Public authority with administrative and financial autonomy.
• Supervised by: Court of Account.
• Reports to: Submits an Annual Report to the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources.
• Appeal process: Decisions can be appealed to Administrative Courts.
EMRA’s decision-making body is the Board, comprising of 7 members including the President and the Second-President. There are 12 departments and about 730 staff (excluding the Board members) assigned in the Authority. The President, the Second-President and the Board Members are appointed by the President for 4-year terms. Re-appointment is possible.
• Decision-Making Level: 7 Commissioners
• Total Number of Employees: 734
Licensing, license renewal, license amendment and annual license fees, revenues from publications and miscellaneous revenues, grants provided by international institutions, a portion of the fines, transmission surcharge constitute the revenues of EMRA.