Albanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ERE)
Electricity, Natural Gas
Regulatory Authority General Information
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- Legal basis/ mandate
- “Power Sector Law” no.43/2015, Law “On Natural Gas Sector” no.102/2015 and Law “Renewables Energy Law” no.138/2013.
- “Electricity and natural gas: Responsible for approval of tariff and price, licensing of companies in electrical energy and gas sectors and monitoring of their activity, and developing and approving all the secondary legislation in the electricity and gas sectors, and handling customer complaints.
- • Independence: Independent institution.
- • Supervised by: Parliament.
- • Reports to: Parliament on annual basis and upon request.
- • Appeal process: ERE decisions are appealed to Court within 30 days from being published in the Official Journal.
- Internal Structure
- The Chairperson and the Members of the Board shall be appointed by the Parliament, with proposal from the Selection team. The Chair and the Members of the Board are appointed for a term of 5 years with the right of re-appointment for another mandate. The team selecting board shall be composed of two representatives from the Parliament of Albania, respectively the chair of the responsible parliamentary 12 commission on energy and the chair of the responsible parliamentary commission on economy and from the responsible minister on energy.
- Working Employees
- • Decision-Making Level: 5 (Chairperson and Members of the Board)
- • Total Number of Employees: 63
- License application and regulation fees.