Albanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ERE)
- Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta Nr 10
- +355 4 225 8112
- Natural Gas
- Joined ERRA in 2000 (Founding Member)
- Established in 1995
by Law Nr. 7970 date 20/07/1995 “On regulation of the power sector”. The actual Law No 43/2015 “On Power Sector” and Law No 102/2015 “On Natural Gas sector”.
- Legal basis
- ‘Power Sector Law’ no.43/2015, Law ’On Natural Gas Sector’ no.102/201 5 and Law ‘Renewables Energy Law’ no.138/2013.
- Electricity and natural gas: Responsible for approval of tariff and price, licensing of companies in electrical energy and gas sectors and monitoring of their activity, and developing and approving all the secondary legislation in the electricity and gas sectors, and handling customer complaints.
Independence: Independent institution
Supervised by: Parliament
Reports to: Parliament on annual basis and upon request
Appeal process: ERE decisions are appealed to Court within 30 days from being published in the Official Journal.
- Internal Structure
- The Chairperson and the members of the board shall be appointed by the Parliament, with proposal from the Selection team. The Chair and the members of the Board are appointed for a term of 5 years with the right of re-appointment for another mandate. The team selecting board shall be composed of two representatives from the Parliament of Albania, respectively the chair of the responsible parliamentary 12 commission on energy and the chair of the responsible parliamentary commission on economy and from the responsible minister on energy.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5
- Total Number of Employees: 52
- License application and regulation fees
Population: 3 038 594 (2016 est.)
GDP / Capita: $ 4 210 (2016 est.)
Territory: 28 748 km2 (145. in World rank)
ERE Annual Report 2019 (in Albanian)