Gas Regulatory Authority (GASREG)
- 27 El Salam Avenue, El Louts Zone, 5th Settlement, 11835 Cairo, Egypt
- +20 2 759 8300
- Natural Gas
- Joined ERRA in 2018
- Established in 2017
- Legal basis
- Law No 196 issued in August 2017.
- – Issue licenses
- – Establish tariffs
- – Approve operating codes
- – Promote competition
- – Ensure service supply quality
- – Resolve conflicts between market participants
- Internal Structure
- Board is composed of 9 members, all are appointed by the Cabinet of Ministers (CoM) as follows:
– CEO & 4 members are from the Petroleum sector
– Chairman of the Egyptian Industrial Federation
– Chairman of Competition Protection and Prevention of Monopolistic Practices
– 2 Experts from civil society.
- Working Employees
- Number of Empleyees: organisational structure is not yet approved from Board.
- License fees (major percentage), State budget, Service for market participants.
Population: 94 798 827 (2017)
GDP / Capita: $ 12 560
Territory: 1 010 408 km² (29. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Karem Hanafy MAHMOUD - Executive Chairman
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Engy ADLY - Licensing and Contracts General Manager
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Hatem MAHMOUD - Tariff and License's Cost General Manager
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Mohamed EL TAHAN - Technical Planning General Manager