State Agency for Fuel and Energy Complex Regulation at the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- 119, Ahunbaev Street
720055 Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
- +996 312 562 920
- Natural Gas
- District Heating
- Water (Hot water)
- Oil and Liquid Fuel
- Established in 2014
- Legal basis
- In accordance with Decree of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic „On Issues Related to the State Agency for Regulation of the Fuel and Energy Complex under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic” of November 14, 2014, No. 650. Laws of the Kyrgyz Republic „On Energy”, of October 30, 1996, No. 56, „On Electricity”, of January 28, 1997, No. 8, „On Energy Savings”, „On the System of Licenses and Authorizations”.
- The main functions of the State Agency are as follows: it issues licenses for the following types of activities: Generation, transmission, distribution, sale, export and import of electricity (except of generation of electricity as a result of utilization of renewable energy sources, and also generation of electricity from any sources of energy for own usage with capacity under 1000 kW); Generation, transmission, distribution and sale of heat (except for generation of heat as a result of utilization of renewable energy sources, and also generation of heat from any sources of energy for own usage); Processing of oil and natural gas, except for generation in industrial-scale volumes of bioethanol from vegetable feed and its sale; Production, transmission, distribution and sale of natural gas; exercises control over compliance with license requirements; develops and concludes agreements on activities with energy companies, carries out inspections of compliance with requirements and conditions set in the agreements, issues instructions concerning elimination of violations based on the results of inspections and complaints; exercises monitoring and control over compliance by subjects of the fuel and energy complex with technical and economic indicators, correctness of design and application of prices (tariffs) for electricity, heat and natural gas; carries out comprehensive analysis of activities of subjects of the fuel and energy complex in the part of accuracy of presented information; performs calculations of the rate of return taking into consideration the need to implement approved plans of reconstruction, upgrading and new construction at energy enterprises; performs calculations and approves tariffs for electricity, heat and natural gas, and also, cost of services provided by licenses and/or subjects of the fuel and energy complex; ensures balance of interests of consumers (subscribers) of energy resources, subjects of natural and allowed monopolies in the sphere of the fuel and energy complex by means of state regulation and control over their activities; forms and maintains the state registry of subjects of natural and allowed monopolies in the sphere of the fuel and energy complex; develops the methodology for calculation of tariffs for electricity, heat and natural gas; develops the methodology for calculating the size of payment for technological connection to electric and gas networks.
- The main rights of the State Agency are: to issue to public authorities and local self-governing bodies, to individuals and legal entities, irrespective of their forms of ownership, binding instructions on termination of violations related to issues that are in the competence of the State Agency and on elimination of their consequences; according to the set procedure to impose administrative sanctions and to apply economic sanctions to subjects of the fuel and energy complex, to their managers, and also to individuals for violation of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic in the sphere of the fuel and energy complex; to carry out inspections on the issues of compliance with the legislation in the sphere of the fuel and energy complex, and also with respect to correctness of pricing and application of prices (tariffs) by subjects of the fuel and energy complex, to get necessary documents, information and explanations in writing and orally; to carry out monitoring and exercise control of efficiency, and also perform analysis of managerial and operational activities of subjects of the fuel and energy complex; in accordance with the set procedure, to make proposals related to conclusion of international agreements, development and implementation of international projects and programs, and also to participate in cooperation with public bodies of foreign states, with international and public organizations with respect to issues that are in its competence.
- Internal Structure
- The Director is appointed by the Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic. As for the Deputy Director, according to the approved structure of governance of the State Agency the position of a deputy director that existed earlier was removed and a new position of the state secretary was established, the state secretary is appointed by the Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic based on recommendations of the Board of the State Human Resource Service of the Kyrgyz Republic after an open tender is held.
- Working Employees
- Number of Commissioners: 5 persons, 1 director (the chairperson of the Collegium), 1 State Secretary, 3 representatives of the Administration of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and of the Ministry of Energy and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Number of Staff: 25
- Funded from the state budget. Also funded by contributions of licensees to the special account.
Population: 5 957 000 (2015)
GDP / Capita: $ 1 103 (2015)
Territory: 199 951 km2 (87. in World rank)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Taalaibek NURBASHEV - Director
Licensing and Competition Committee Member
Timur OROZALIEV - Head of Department of Licensing and Control
Tariff and Pricing Committee Member
Mirgul AYDAROVA - Deputy Director
Customers and Retail Markets Working Group Member
Azat ISHENALIEV - Chief of Department of Monitoring and Complex Analysis
Ainura AKMATOVA - Head of Department of Human Resource Management and Document Management