Национальное управление по регулированию электроэнергии (NEPRA)
- NEPRA Tower, Attaturk Avenue (East), Sector G-5/1
44000 Islamabad, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- +92 51 201 3200, 92 51 260 0021
- Established in 1997
- Legal basis
- Established through the promulgation of Regulation of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electric Power Act (XL of 1997).
- The Authority may, with the approval of the Federal Government, by notification in the official Gazette, make Rules to carry out the purpose of the aforementioned Act.
- The Authority may, by notification in the official Gazette, make Regulations, not inconsistent with the provisions of the Act or the Rules, for carrying out of its functions under the Act.
- The Authority is exclusively responsible for regulating the provision of electric power services. The Authority, shall:
- Issue Licenses for generation, transmission and distribution of electric power;
- Determine Tariffs for generation, transmission and distribution of electric power;
- Establish and enforce Standards to ensure quality and safety of operation and supply of electric power to consumers; and
- Approve investment and power acquisition programs of the utility companies
Autonomous body reporting to Prime Minister of Pakistan through Cabinet Division
- Internal Structure
- After the commencement of Regulation of Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electric Power Act, 1997, Federal Government, by notification in the official Gazette, established National Electric Power Regulatory Authority.
- The Authority consists of a Chairman appointed by the Federal Government and four Members, namely:
- (i) the Member representing the Province of Baluchistan;
- (ii) the Member representing the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhuwa;
- (iii) the Member representing the Province of Punjab; and
- (iv) the Member representing the Province of Sind.
- The Members are appointed by the Federal Government after considering the recommendations of the respective Provincial Governments.
- There is a Vice-Chairman of the Authority, appointed from amongst the Members for a period of one year, by rotation.
- Authority may, from time to time, employ officers, members of its staff, experts, consultants, advisors and other employees on such terms and conditions as it may deem fit.
- Working Employees
- Number of Staff: 325 (up-to April 1st, 2016)
- Fees collected on account of Generation, Transmission and Distribution licenses and tariff petitions.
- The Authority maintains complete and accurate books of accounts of its actual expenses and receipts.
The Accounts of the Authority are audited annually by the Auditor General of Pakistan.
Население: 201 995 540 (2016 прогноз.)
ВВП на душу населения: $ 5 000 (2015 прогноз.)
Территория: 796 095 km2 (36. в мире)
Information will be uploaded soon.
Рехматуллах БАЛОХ - Вице-Председатель
Член Комитета по лицензированию и конкуренции
Имтиаз Xуссайн БАЛОХ - Допольнительный генеральный директор (Отдел лицензирования)
Член Комитета по тарифам и ценообразованию
Саджид АКРАМ - Директор по тарифам
Член Рабочей группы ЭРРА по вопросам потребителей и розничных рынков
Навиид Иллахи ШАИКХ - Директор по вопросам потребителей