ERRA’s flagship event is a „must” for junior regulatory staff as it lays the foundations on the basic principles of regulation including different regulatory models, market structures, price and tariff regulation and recent technology drivers transforming our sectors.
Apart from covering regulatory models and the evolving role of regulators in a transforming energy landscape, the course will also focus on the issue of integration of renewables in the mix and technology drivers of this transformation. Latest gas market developments will also be looked at, covering gas infrastructure regulation and the value chain of international gas markets.
After attending the ERRA Summer School you will return back to work with:
- the role of regulators and familiarity with the theory and institutions of regulation
- advantages and disadvantages of the various wholesale market design
- principles of calculating prices and tariffs in the energy sector
- regulatory roles in increasing competition levels in wholesale energy markets
- the value chain, market structure and regulation of natural gas markets – including LNG markets
- challenges of integrating renewable energy, including PPAs and auction designs
- understanding impacts of the energy transition on energy regulators
- introduction to grid development and grid management
Course Faculty Team
Student Testimonials - on the occassion of the Anniversary 20th Summer School
Interview with Rolands Irklis, Latvia
Interview with Imamuddeen Talba, Nigeria
overall rating of the course