Customer Protection Working Group
The newly established arrangement of ERRA working bodies determines a creation of a self-managed and self-operated Customer Protection Working Group (CP WG), that indirectly continues the heritage of the Customer/Retail Markets Working Group.
- Mr. Margus Kasepalu, Estonian Competition Authority (ECA) – Chair
- Mr. Viktor Szilágy, Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (HEA) – Vice-Chair
ERRA Member Organizations are currently represented in a number of 35 delegations.
The purpose of the scope of work is for the delegated Working Group Members to get acquainted with the general orientation of the Working Group workstreams. At the same time, it serves as the basis for the selection of sub-topics to be defined by the Working Group Chair when finalizing the 2-year workplan.
The proposed scope of work of the new Working Group is as follows:
- Commercial quality: Standards and measuring tools; call center experience; digital customer platforms and applications.
This scope item will focus on how the utility service is brought to the end user, what are the national and international standards and benchmarks on service quality, what are the innovations used for digital customer experience and how can this experience be improved.
- Smart meter impact on consumers.
This item aims at investigating how smart metering impacts the end users, what is the relation between technology deployment and their consumption patterns and what customer service issues arise from the usage of this technology.
- Complaint handling: Standards and approaches.
The WG will analyze how complaint handling is managed in various ERRA Member Organizations, what are the other international benchmarks regarding this issue and will put focus on best-practice sharing.
- Protection of small and vulnerable consumers.
The WG will analyze what are the measures taken to protect small and vulnerable consumers, what are non-price mechanisms undertaken in this regard and what international best practice examples can be referred to concerning this issue.
- The role of regulator on price comparison tools and dynamic bill.
This item puts emphasis on the methodologies used for price and trend analysis by regulators in order for customers to gain a better understating of the market dynamics – again the aim will be to compare approaches and share best practices. The WG will analyze advantages and setbacks of current price comparison tools as well as measures that can be undertaken to improve the comparability of the provided offers.
22 regulators of the ERRA CP WG provided data to map their duties and powers, with emphasis on consumer protection, and to offer a quick glimpse into their retail markets of electricity and natural gas.
Based on answers from 14 member regulators the ERRA CP WG issued a report on available Price Comparison Tools to detect availability and features of PCTs as prerequisite for efficient electricity/ gas retail markets functioning.
Available for ERRA Members only!
- September 29, 2021 // Virtual Meeting
- June 10, 2021 // Virtual Meeting
- April 14, 2021 // Virtual Meeting
- February 3, 2021 // Virtual Meeting
- November 25, 2020 // Virtual Meeting
- September 29, 2020 // Virtual Meeting
- July 9, 2020 // Virtual Meeting