Energy Exemplar Webinar: Planning for Renewable Integration and Identification of Network Investments for Power & Gas
Energy Exemplar, in collaboration with the Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA) and the United States Energy Association (USEA), is pleased to invite you to the webinar for Regulators on Planning for Renewable Integration and Identification of Network Investments for Power & Gas.
South-Eastern Europe is a key region for green energy and holds vast potential for further developing renewables. Fast-ramping resources and the flexible generation mix are necessary to meet the challenges and provide reserve requirements. The connection at lower voltage levels within the network plays a key role as such, as the industry shifts towards decentralized markets and the requirements for more robust grids.
Along with this, the North-South gas corridor is comprised of many bi-directional inter-system gas connections that provide a significant opportunity for much-needed new sources of supply. While there are technical challenges with new infrastructure projects, strong political motivation plays a key role in exploring how common interest and regional coordination can establish regional independence on gas supplies.
Experts will discuss:
- The electricity market initiative for South-East Europe
- Renewables and the future role of regulators
- The techniques to derive economic indicators for regional projects
- How to better understand decarbonization scenarios and their impact on integrated energy systems
Monday, May 17 at 2:00 pm to 3:45 pm CEST (GMT+2) | Click here to convert to your time zone.
Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Michael Schneider, Senior Vice President, Head of EMEA, Energy Exemplar
Planning for Renewable Integration & Identification of Network Investments for Power & Gas
- David Robertson, Vice President Solutions, EMEA, Energy Exemplar
A Regional Approach to Network Planning and Market Simulation: The Electricity Market Initiative for Southeast Europe
- William Polen, Senior Director, United States Energy Association (USEA)
- Goran Majstrovic, Chief Project Officer & Head of Department of Energy, Institute Hrvoje Pozar
Renewables and the Future Role of Regulators
- Harald Proidl, Chairman of the ERRA Renewable Energy Committee; Director, Renewables and Energy Efficiency, E-Control, Austria
Assessing the Romanian Power System Flexibility and Future Variable Renewable Energy (VRE) Integration to Ensure a Sustainable, Stable and Consumer Oriented Energy Future
- Mirela Carlan, Expert at Renewable Energy Sources Promotion Unit, National Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE), Romania
ACER’s Work Related to Network Planning
- Juan Lopez-Vaquero, Policy Officer – Infrastructure, Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)